Debian no longer dumps cores?

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Pg General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Debian no longer dumps cores?
Date: 2008-10-20 20:49:04
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Hi,

My Debian system (now running Linux 2.6.26) is no longer dumping core
files, and I can't figure out why :-(

Of course, I've set ulimit -c to unlimited, and I'm running the
postmaster directly in the same shell (no pg_ctl or init scripts), but
it's still not working. I'm not sure where else to look; Google
searches return tons of junk but nothing useful.

The kernel was compiled by me to add oprofile support, though I used
Debian's .config to generate the base config, and changed nothing else
(no time to fiddle).

If anybody has any idea of what's going on I'd appreciate it.