Re: Annoying Reply-To

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Guy Rouillier <guyr-ml1(at)burntmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Annoying Reply-To
Date: 2008-10-17 19:15:24
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-performance

Guy Rouillier wrote:

> When I use "Reply All" in Thunderbird, it adds a "To:" to each of the
> individuals in the discussion, and a "CC:" to the list. Since I
> personally don't like receiving multiple copies of emails from this
> list, I delete all of the "To:" addressees and change the list from
> "CC:" to "To:". Would be nice if everyone did the same.

I don't know about Thunderbird, but my email client has a keystroke that
does exactly that. I disable that feature though, because I don't like
it; I very much prefer the two copies because I get the fastest one
first (of course, I only receive one -- the system makes sure that the
second one is not delivered to me but discarded silently).

I would be really annoyed if my mail system inflicted so much pain on my
as Thunderbird seems to inflict on you.