Re: multi recordset and data type check was: Re: PL/pgSQL stored procedure returning multiple result sets (SELECTs)?

From: Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail(at)webthatworks(dot)it>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: multi recordset and data type check was: Re: PL/pgSQL stored procedure returning multiple result sets (SELECTs)?
Date: 2008-10-13 13:00:39
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 15:19:33 +0300
Vladimir Dzhuvinov <vd(at)valan(dot)net> wrote:

> Well, (in MySQL at least) in that case you're still going to get a
> result set, it's just going to be an empty one (result with no
> rows).

> So, no matter how many rows the SELECT statements resolve to,
> you're always going to get two result sets :)

It seems anyway that the usefulness of this feature largely depends
on the language library.
eg. I can't see a way to support it with php right now but it is
supported by python.
Am I missing something?

Out of curiosity, what language are you using?

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
http://www.webthatworks.it