Re: autovacuum and TOAST tables

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: autovacuum and TOAST tables
Date: 2008-10-09 22:17:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

> > I wonder if we can get away with simply renaming the new toast table and
> > index after the data has been copied.
>
> Yeah, that seems like the best answer.

Seems like this patch fixes it.

How far back should be backpatched? Given the lack of field complaints
I'd say "just to HEAD" but maybe others have different opinions. FWIW
the patch applies cleanly (modulo header changes) back to 8.0.

Attachment Content-Type Size
cluster-toastname.patch text/x-diff 1.8 KB