Re: [WIP] plpgsql is not translate-aware

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: [WIP] plpgsql is not translate-aware
Date: 2008-10-08 23:53:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:

> Another way, which would save some amount of string constant space,
> is to have both elog_finish and the ereport macro pass NULL, and let
> errstart insert the default:
>
> > + edata->domain = domain ? domain : "postgres";
>
> Otherwise we'll have at least one copy of "postgres" per backend .o
> file ...

Hmm, true. I think this means we need to redefine ereport(), not just
TEXTDOMAIN, in each module (in fact it makes TEXTDOMAIN goes away as a
symbol). Same number of lines on each module though, so it's not a
considerable difference.

Attachment Content-Type Size
plpgsql-i18n-4.patch text/x-diff 6.0 KB