BUG #4458: Website slow, inaccessible

From: "" <nomail(at)mailinator(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4458: Website slow, inaccessible
Date: 2008-10-08 18:28:34
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4458
Logged by:
Email address: nomail(at)mailinator(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: firefox 2
Operating system: freebsd
Details:

A quick note that flash is still proprietary and not
universally available, therefore content posted only as
flash is unavailable to otherwise perfectly viable
platforms. I don't think adobe's unwillingness to change
that should be reason to ditch my preferred platform, so
please put some thought toward publishing content at
least also in truly open formats.

The second note is that I noticed my firefox started
trashing as soon as I opened more than one postgresql.org
tab concurrently, with little to no trouble without them
and 30+ other firefox windows (with each 5+ tabs) open.
It may be that the javascript and css used could use some
complexity reduction and speeding-up.