Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches
Date: 2008-10-08 17:26:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:
> To summarize, 70% of the SE-Linux patch is in stand-alone C files, which
> has little disruption, but 30% are changes to the core backend code,
> which will be disruptive, so we would like to have SQL-level permissions
> that everyone uses to be that disruption, and have SE-Linux attach to
> those capabilities.

Another reason for this ordering is that backend coders need to make
sure your backend changes remain working as they change other things.
If the code is mostly SQL-level, anyone case test it but if it is tied
to SE-Linux it is hard for non-SE-Linux people to test.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com