Re: POST sfpug pgsql@j-davis.com

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org, "Stefan Kaltenbrunner" <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, "Jeff Davis" <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>, "David Fetter" <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Subject: Re: POST sfpug pgsql@j-davis.com
Date: 2008-10-08 20:17:19
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wednesday 08 October 2008 12:52, dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org wrote:
> 4 steps is far from perfect but it's hardly the end of the world (it
> only took me a few minutes to upoad the pguk slides for all the
> talks). The effort to install, maintain and continuously direct ppl
> elsewhere would be far greater.

Well, frankly, I'm using pgFoundry because its problems are less bad than
mediawiki's. Here's the issues with mediawiki:

(1) filenames are global for the whole wiki.
(2) there is no way to group uploaded files
(3) there is no way to link uploaded files to a specific page when you
upload them; you have to cut-and-paste
(4) there is no good way to search what files have been uploaded other than
eyeball

So we have three different systems for sharing files in postgresql.org, all
of which combine different amounts of upload pain, lack of version
control, and search difficulty. I guess the answer is for me to get
powerpostgresql.org migrated and start using my own site.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL