Not updating the pg table data

From: oca(at)mvc(dot)edu(dot)ph
To: pgsql-students(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Not updating the pg table data
Date: 2008-10-05 21:16:31
Lists: pgsql-students

The following code is a chunk  of our VB6 application:

our problem with this, is that its not updating the table data.  i
created two type of code just to try if this is functioning but of no
avail, i mean it wont update the table.  i created an ADO update and
the other one is pgsql function to do the same thing.  other things
works fine.

what could be the problem? please help!

Private Sub chkPassMathTest1_MouseUp(Button As Integer, Shift As
Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
Dim rsT As New Recordset
Dim sQuery As String
'sQuery = "UPDATE pre_acceptance_exam_requirements SET
must_take_math_plus = " & IIf(chkPassMathTest = 0, 1, 0) & _
                " WHERE person_code = '" & txtStudentToSearch & "'"
dbConn.Execute sQuery
End Sub

Private Sub chkPassMathTest1_MouseUp(Button As Integer, Shift As
Integer, X As Single, Y As Single)
Dim rsT As New Recordset
Dim sQuery As String
sQuery = "SELECT mvc_set_must_take_math_plus('" & txtStudentToSearch &
"'," & chkPassMathTest.Value & ");"
dbConn.Execute sQuery
End Sub

oca