Operation needed for datfrozenxid bug?

From: ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Operation needed for datfrozenxid bug?
Date: 2008-09-29 02:31:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

The datfrozenxid bug is fixed in 8.3.4,
but do I need additional operations after upgrade postgres binaries?

| Fix potential miscalculation of datfrozenxid (Alvaro)
| This error may explain some recent reports of failure
| to remove old pg_clog data.

I assume that pg_database.datfrozenxid is wrongly set to 3
(FirstNormalTransactionId) if the bug has occurred.

1. Can I use the following SQL to check whether the bug has occurred?
SELECT * FROM pg_database WHERE datfrozenxid = 3
(will return some rows under the bug.)

2. What is needed to fix the corrupted system catalog,
something like the following SQL?
UPDATE pg_database SET datfrozenxid = relfrozenxid
FROM (SELECT relfrozenxid FROM pg_class
WHERE relkind IN ('r', 't')
ORDER BY age(relfrozenxid) DESC LIMIT 1) AS tmp
WHERE datname = current_database();

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro