Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches
Date: 2008-09-26 22:11:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

KaiGai Kohei wrote:
> > SE-PostgreSQL needs to be good enough for the NSA, but row-level
> > security in general does not.
>
> BTW, it seems to me someone misunderstand I works as an agent of NSA.
> Is it a humor, itn't it? I've paid my effort to improve the security
> of open source software, not for overseas intelligence agency.

The comment was not directed at you. The comment was that SE-Linux was
perhaps designed by the NSA, so an implementation matching SE-Linux will
be good enough for the NSA. The comment goes on to say that we might
want something better or more consistent than the NSA requirements.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com