Re: PDF Documentation for 8.3?

From: Sam Mason <sam(at)samason(dot)me(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PDF Documentation for 8.3?
Date: 2008-09-22 10:39:11
Lists: pgsql-general

On Fri, Sep 19, 2008 at 08:56:50PM +0200, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> Note: The american "Letter" format sucks, because I am printing
> two A4 pages on ONE A4 side and with the "Letter" format
> I get very huge borders...

I find the psnup command (part of psutils) useful here, I tend to use:

pdftops file.pdf - | psnup -2 -b-20 -m20 > file.ps

To print two pages per side and expand them so there's less wasted
space; the 20 is the size of the border.

I had a good look for tools that would run through the document to
automatically find the real paper size and scale it appropriately, but
couldn't find anything maybe a year ago. If anyone knows of anything
like this I'd be glad to know!

Sam