Re: Where to Host Project

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: David E(dot) Wheeler <david(at)kineticode(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Where to Host Project
Date: 2008-09-19 08:25:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Le jeudi 18 septembre 2008, David E. Wheeler a écrit :
> So I'm wondering, given the various discussions of PostgreSQL module
> hosting in the past, where would be a good place to put a PostgreSQL
> module project? The things I would like to have are:
>
> * SVN or git hosting (I've not used git, but would try it)
> * Ability to hand out commit bits to other folks
> * A project home page and/or wiki
> * Good search results rankings in Google et al.
> * Mail lists
> * Bug tracking
> * Release management

There's a french non-profit team offering those:
http://tuxfamily.org/en/main

You can even take their open source hosting facility software and offer your
own services based on it, and/or extend their perl code to add new features.
I tried to talk pgfoundry admins into this solution in the past, but I
understand maintaining pgfoundry is a PITA.

HTP,
--
dim