Re: Noisy CVS updates

From: "D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Noisy CVS updates
Date: 2008-09-08 04:49:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Sun, 07 Sep 2008 10:39:25 -0400
> > I assume that you are talking about conflicts. In fact, that's one of
> > the main reasons for wanting a quiet update so that I can catch those
> > right away when I am working on some files. I do an automatic update
> > daily to keep current with the head. I don't do a "make distclean"
> > first because I may be working on something and I want to keep the
> > changes in the tree to try stuff and report patches against HEAD.
>
> Huh? distclean does not remove any source-code changes, only derived
> files.

Sorry, I was unclear. I meant that I might still be working on some
source code changes and I didn't want to do a distclean every morning
and then have to rebuild the tree in order to be able to work on my
changes again. I use CVS in enough projects to understand how it works.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(at)druid(dot)net> | Democracy is three wolves