Re: leftover mail lists

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Selena Deckelmann <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: w^3 <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>, gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com, Santiago Zarate <santiago(at)zarate(dot)net(dot)ve>, "Gavin M(dot) Roy" <gmr(at)myyearbook(dot)com>
Subject: Re: leftover mail lists
Date: 2008-09-01 18:10:43
Lists: pgsql-www

Selena Deckelmann escribió:

> > What concerns me now, however, is that this round of fixes has made me
> > aware of certain lists that look leftovers:
> >
> > WARNING: description not found for list bapug
>
> bapug is:
> Please create a mailing list for the Buenos Aires, Venezuela PUG
> List: bapug(at)postgresql(dot)org
> Owner: Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>

Okay, I created bapug pointing to Buenos Aires, Argentina. In the
unlikely case that Buenos Aires has migrated to Venezuela lately, be
sure to let me know ;-)

> > WARNING: description not found for list vepug
>
> Santiago may know something about vepug -- Santiago?

Should I create it with name "Venezuela"?

I just noticed that I caused a regression :-( In the new page, the
lists are shown by name, for example see in
http://archives.postgresql.org/bwpug/2008-08/index.php (old version)

* Atlanta
* Austin
* Baltimore/DC
* Los Angeles
* Ohio
* Oklahoma
* Portland
* Seattle
* San Francisco
* Suncoast
* Sydney
* Toronto
* United Kingdom

whereas in http://archives.postgresql.org/atlpug/ (new version) we have

* atlpug
* austinpug
* bapug
* bostonpug
* bwpug
* lapug
* ohiopug
* okpug
* pdxpug
* seapug
* sfpug
* spug
* sydpug
* torontopug
* ukpug

The previous version was using the Description field (or a transcription
thereof), but for all other lists it can be a long text.

Should we add a "short description" column to the database?