How to save a image file in a postgres data field.

From: richard terry <rterry(at)gnumed(dot)net>
To: "'PostgreSQL Novice'" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to save a image file in a postgres data field.
Date: 2008-08-28 21:26:06
Lists: pgsql-novice

I want to be able to save an image, say myimage.png, into the database, and
having difficulty with understanding the postgres documentation.

The nearest I can figure is that there is a field called bytea ?? is this the
correct one.

If so, I wondered if anyone could give me a simple line of sql code which
would demonstrate how to do this.

Regards and thanks in advance.

Richard