Re: Update: 1023, bank account etc...

From: Joshua Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Update: 1023, bank account etc...
Date: 2008-08-25 17:54:18
Lists: pgus-general

On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 10:47:45 -0700
Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com> wrote:

> > We have finalized our banking situation. Our bank is
> > http://www.sterlingsavingsbank.com/ . This bank was originally
> > chosen because it is the only bank that has branches where I live
> > and in Portland. There services are on par with larger banks
> > without being a huge (such as BoFA) bank (they are not small).
>
> They also have branches in San Francisco, and New York. However, a
> more critical issue is what online and phone services do they offer?

I don't know about phone but online they have the full suite including
bill pay.

> > We have also setup accounts with PayPal and Google Checkout. This
> > is a temporary measure while the corporation builds a financial
> > history. I hope to have us set up with a real merchant account
> > shortly after the annual meeting.
>
> Ah, not real happy with PaySimple, I take it?

No not that at all. Paysimple is however a real merchant account and
thus requires little things like financial history. I am certain
that I could get a merchant account approved via a personal guarantee
but I am not personally interested in that.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake