Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql

From: "D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>
To: "D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Asko Oja" <ascoja(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal: new border setting in psql
Date: 2008-08-23 14:12:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 21 Aug 2008 21:04:07 -0400
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy(at)druid(dot)net> wrote:
> > There's still the question of whether this covers any needs that aren't
> > met just as well by XML or CSV output formats.
>
> Well, we could remove all the display formats except XML. After all,
> it can always be converted to any other format. Of course we wouldn't
> do that. User convenience is all I'm thinking of.

Well, Tom has raised a question about its need and Asko has questioned
whether it should be under a different setting but so far no one has
outright rejected the proposal. Does anyone else have an opinion? I am
attaching a patch for further review.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(at)druid(dot)net> | Democracy is three wolves

Attachment Content-Type Size
border_change.diff application/octet-stream 4.6 KB