Re: BUG #3818: Cross compilation problems

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Richard Evans <richard(dot)evans(at)blueallegro(dot)net>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Subject: Re: BUG #3818: Cross compilation problems
Date: 2008-08-11 10:44:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Am Saturday, 9. August 2008 schrieb Richard Evans:
> I've made a couple of patches, for 8.3.3 and 8.2.9, which enable cross
> compilation for windows (mingw32) from a unix platform.

This looks good, with a couple of tweaks. I don't think we are going to be
making these kinds of changes in the 8.2 and 8.3 branches, so I suggest you
prepare a patch for 8.4. Some of the makefiles have changed, so a bit of
work might be involved.

> 2. in various makefiles, checking BUILDOS not PORTNAME when deciding
> whether to use 'pwd -W' or just 'pwd'

I was wondering, what is the difference between these? And couldn't we just
use $(CURDIR) instead?

> 5. Working round a binutils-2.18 bug in windres when the rc file has /
> or \ in the path

What is the status of this bug? Shouldn't it be fixed instead?