Update: Bylaws, 1023 new board member

From: Joshua Drake <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Update: Bylaws, 1023 new board member
Date: 2008-08-01 15:38:33
Lists: pgus-general

Hello,

Just a small update, the bylaws [1] have been approved by the board.
That was a major hurdle now crossed. Now our main focus is the 1023. The
1023 is the IRS form that allows us to claim 501c3 status.

The good news is, its mostly done. With the major outstanding issue
being the process for applying for and receiving grants from PgUS. We
will make sure and get that posted.

Lastly, to fill a Board vacancy Board of Selena Decklemann the
board has agreed to appoint PostgreSQL.Org Core member, Bruce Momjian.
Bruce accepted on July 31st. We look forward to working with Bruce to
finalize the last details so we can focus on elections.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

[1] http://www.postgresql.us/bylaws/