Re: answer my question, please!!!

From: Tino Schwarze <postgresql(at)tisc(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: answer my question, please!!!
Date: 2008-07-18 11:30:26
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Fri, Jul 18, 2008 at 04:29:42PM +0700, ria ulfa wrote:
> i want to copy table from file with command:
> COPY log FROM '/tmp/logfile.txt';
> but there is error:
> ERROR: could not open file "/tmp/logfile.txt" for reading: Permission
> denied
> what can i do for repair this error??
> thanks for the answer..

The file is read by the server process, therefore, the user the server
process runs as needs read permissions for the file.

HTH,

Tino.

PS: The more exclamation marks you use, the lower get the chances that
you're taken serious and actually get a response.

--
'Multiple exclamation marks,' he went on, shaking his head, 'are a
sure sign of a diseased mind.' (Terry Pratchett)

www.craniosacralzentrum.de
www.forteego.de