Re: Spam filtering on the mailing lists

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Date: 2008-07-17 18:11:18
Lists: pgsql-www

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:

>>> Sounds like a good idea to me.
>>
>> 'k, I'll put it down to 4 tonight, and increase the frequency I check for
>> false-positives accordingly, to make sure that I don't get a big spike as
>> a result ...
>
> Hmm, I think keeping it at 5 is a good idea, seeing how 2 of those were
> being substracted by the AWL and you've just cleared that.
>
> Maybe what we need is a way to remove a particular domain from the AWL
> instead?

Actually, I was thinking of disabling the AWL feature altogether ... it
might make a few extra false-positives to need to release, but I doubt it
will make a huge difference ...

Maybe disable AWL and leave score threshold at 5 ... ? I can adjust
after, based on # of false positives ... if false positives don't go up,
then without AWL causes no adverse problems ... then I can look at
adjusting score threshold down while watching for false-positives ...