Re: Rollback in Postgres

From: Kaare Rasmussen <kaare(at)jasonic(dot)dk>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: Rollback in Postgres
Date: 2008-07-16 16:10:10
Lists: pgsql-sql

> No, they developed it for marketing.

Perhaps, but towards whom? PostgreSQL wouldn't hurt if a lot of developers and
DBA's was lured into the trap by this new feature.

> Keep in mind that Oracle has six thousand full-time developers and an
> already extremely mature database. Stuff that they see fit to add is
> not necessarily going to be on our radar screen in the foreseeable
> future.

I wasn't proposing to add it in 8.4. Just to add it to the TODO. Perhaps
someone would look at it some point in the future.

--

Med venlig hilsen
Kaare Rasmussen, Jasonic

Jasonic Telefon: +45 3816 2582
Nordre Fasanvej 12
2000 Frederiksberg Email: kaare(at)jasonic(dot)dk