Re: Configuring Shared Buffers

From: Tino Schwarze <postgresql(at)tisc(dot)de>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Configuring Shared Buffers
Date: 2008-06-30 19:17:10
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 04:01:14PM -0300, Rafael Domiciano wrote:
> The Postgres version is 8.3.3 and I am using Fedora Core 8.
> I have in the actual server around 70 connections the same time. I am
> assigning for this 100.

And what does the server do? Mainly SELECT / UPDATE / INSERT / DELETE,
how is workload distributed, are queries very complex or pretty simple
are there huge joins across many tables?

How many tables do you have and what are the largest ones? Are we talking
about thousands of rows or millions or lots of millions?

Tino.