Re: [Pgweb] r2149 - in trunk/archives/html: . includes

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [Pgweb] r2149 - in trunk/archives/html: . includes
Date: 2008-06-30 13:52:12
Lists: pgsql-www

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> What's the reason for this? :-)
>
> Keeping it on the main website gets you the global distribution for
> faster access, and also better caching for people... Is there any reason
> not to use that?

Also, in order to fix the hardcodedness of lists in the archives pages,
I need a templating system; and what better idea than to just reuse the
PgPage stuff? So I was considering using svn:externals to get
portal/system/global and pearlib/ into trunk/archives, so that a
checkout of archives gets the needed files.

The downside is that if somebody checks out pgweb:trunk/ then he will
get those files twice. Is that too much of a problem for anyone?

(Before anybody complains about the extra load, I'm not planning to use
the templating stuff for every page load -- only to generate some
includes when the list of lists changes. This probably means that it
will be cheaper than the current code, because most of it will be plain
HTML instead of having some embedded PHP.)