Re: Reg : Data base deletion

From: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)collaborativefusion(dot)com>
To: "Pradeepa" <pradeepa(dot)ili(at)valtech(dot)co(dot)in>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Reg : Data base deletion
Date: 2008-06-25 12:06:22
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-general

> We want some information like, if any one deletes database from postgres,
> how to trace when it has been deleted.

The easiest way that I know of is to enable logging of DDL statements in
postgresql.conf. Make sure you have enough disk space to handle all
the log data that results.

> The deletion is not from any command
> but by right clicking on db and deleting it.

It doesn't matter. Whatever GUI you're using to do this will simply
convert your clicking into SQL commands, so it's really the same
thing from the server's perspective.

--
Bill Moran
Collaborative Fusion Inc.