Re: Abnormal termination of PostgreSQL

From: Bill Thoen <bthoen(at)gisnet(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Abnormal termination of PostgreSQL
Date: 2008-06-22 22:10:50
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Sun, Jun 22, 2008 at 02:17:47PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Hmm ... interesting but not conclusive. The most likely explanation
> for this is corrupt data on-disk, but how it got that way is unclear.
> Can you reproduce the problem if you import the same data into a new
> table?

Arrg! Looks like the first load was corrupted as you suspected.. When I
tried it a second time, it seems to have worked just fine.

Well, at least I learned how to use GDB, so the time spent wasn't a total
waste. I noticed searching through Google for postgres error messages like
the one I had that one of the main things you have to teach people is how
to use GDB. ;-)

Thanks, Tom! I really appreciate your help.

- Bill Thoen