Re: PostgreSQL 8.3 temporary tables & stored functions

From: Gabriele Messineo <gabriele(dot)messineo(at)winext(dot)eu>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.3 temporary tables & stored functions
Date: 2008-06-17 15:12:26
Lists: pgsql-novice

On Tuesday 17 June 2008 15:11:06 Tom Lane wrote:
> Gabriele Messineo <gabriele(dot)messineo(at)winext(dot)eu> writes:
> > But actually I'm experiencing some issues because some statements does
> > not work at all, in particular, I can read from temporary tables without
> > any issue but my DELETEs fail silently.
>
> AFAICS the deletes work fine. The only issue I can find with your
> example is that a regclass constant doesn't get re-evaluated ... which
> is a bug no doubt, but it shouldn't really affect normal use.
>
> regards, tom lane

I finally realized a bug in my SQL code (I was checking with the equal
operator a variable that could assume NULL values).
I apologize for the previous mail, but I was driven on a false track when,
debugging, I started to find strange oids ... (they were the first thing I
checked when porting).

Thanks for your support.

Regards,

Gabriele Messineo