Permission of prepared statements (was: pg_stat_statements)

From: ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Permission of prepared statements (was: pg_stat_statements)
Date: 2008-06-16 08:04:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> We don't have any system-wide names for statements, so this seems
> pretty ill-defined and of questionable value. Showing the text of
> statements in a view also has security problems.

I found we can execute prepared statements and view the sql source through
pg_prepared_statements even after we execute SET SESSION AUTHORIZATION.
Is this an expected behavior?

It is not a problem in normal use because the *real* user is same
before and after changing ROLEs, but we should be careful about
sharing connections between different users in connection pooling.
Almost connection poolings don't do that, though.

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center