Re: BUG #4219: fseeko test failure in configure script

From: Nathan Reed <nreed(at)uci(dot)edu>
To: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, nreed(at)uci(dot)edu
Subject: Re: BUG #4219: fseeko test failure in configure script
Date: 2008-06-04 20:33:27
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I am using the gcc 3.4.6 compiler. With all of the needed packages
for this config run, I have included the following elements in a script:

#
./configure --with-openssl --with-libxml --with-libxslt
--with-libraries=/usr/local/ssl/lib:/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib
--with-includes=/usr/local/ssl/include:/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/include

All of the necessary elements came via pkgadd commands with packages
from sunfreeware.com. That site notes the use of gcc 3.4.6 and based
upon a previous debacle with Perl/Apache/MySQL where a mixture of gcc
compiled packages were included in the SUNWspro compiler
configuration and make processes, I don't feel like going through the
inflicted pain of incompatible address spacing with the shared
objects modules. I am aware of the use of the Sun compiler because I
started using it on Solaris 2.6 in 1994.

I have attempted to decipher the config.log, but the messaging in
there leaves me scratching my head because of what is left out. I am
well aware of the shortcomings of make in terms of the messages that
come out, but simple things such as the actual test being run are
obscured at best.

Nathan K. Reed
Programmer/Analyst
Supervisor of Records group
University of California, Irvine
Office of Admissions and Relations with Schools
(949) 824-9631