Re: replace training blurb with upcoming pug meetings?

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Selena Deckelmann" <selenamarie(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Robert Treat" <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
Subject: Re: replace training blurb with upcoming pug meetings?
Date: 2008-05-29 20:59:07
Lists: pgsql-www

Selena Deckelmann wrote:
> The primary goal in presenting PUGs on the front page is to show to
> outsiders how much growth there has been in user group activity. It's
> an indicator that "people like me" use PostgreSQL. Listing these on
> the front page is also a not-so-subtle encouragement to PUGs that we'd
> like more regular meetings.

I'm always a fan of the concept that information is put on a web page with the
intent of giving people useable information. As opposed to the concept that
information is put up with the intent of encouraging people to produce more
information of the same kind.

Note that we are talking about the front page here. "Kuala Lumpur PG user
group meets tonight" is never of interest to sizeable portion of the people.
A link "Find a local user group" might be.