Re: swik.net is copying planetpostgresql content

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <adsmail(at)wars-nicht(dot)de>
Subject: Re: swik.net is copying planetpostgresql content
Date: 2008-05-27 18:01:55
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Tuesday 27 May 2008 12:29:48 Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
> By the way: RSS feeds are for read, not for republish the content
> without permission. I granted Devrim the right to publish parts of my
> blog on planetpg, but i can't remember that i or most of the other
> planet posters did include the permission for other usage.

To this end you (and all planetpostgresql bloggers) should realize that planet
already violates this idea, because it makes it's own aggregate rss feed
available, which is then re-published to multiple locations
(www.postgresql.org for example), all without explicit permission of the
individual bloggers. So if you really don't want your blog to be re-published
beyond planetpostgresql, I would kindly suggest you ask for your blog to be
removed from planetpostgresql.

--
Robert Treat