Re: problem with pgadmin 1.8.2 to keep connection to postgresql 8.2.6

From: "Sebastian Reitenbach" <sebastia(at)l00-bugdead-prods(dot)de>
To: dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem with pgadmin 1.8.2 to keep connection to postgresql 8.2.6
Date: 2008-05-16 15:16:47
Lists: pgadmin-support

"Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
> On Fri, May 16, 2008 at 12:05 PM, Sebastian Reitenbach
> <sebastia(at)l00-bugdead-prods(dot)de> wrote:
> > I also tried to run pgadmin3 --sync, as on another time when it crashed,
it
> > suggested to use this parameter. But then, the problem was not
reproducible,
> > because the query seems to take forever, the counter of miliseconds in
the
> > lower right corner was at about 50000 when I stopped it. The query run
from
> > pgadmin without --sync parameter took only about 40ms.
>
> Well that's, umm surprising. There is no --sync option in pgAdmin - in
> fact I get an error if I try to use it on Windows or Mac (I don't have
> a GTK system here atm). Can you get an exact copy of the text which
> recommended you use it?
Afaik the error message came from the X server, so yes, not a pgadmin3
parameter.
It said sth. like:
When an X application crashes, the error message is asynchron, and therefore
usually not shows the real cause of the problem. When you want to run the
application from within gdb, then use --sync, to get the right backtrace.
The --sync is I think automatically added to each X application, from the X
server, or window manager, whoever there is responsible.

When I get the error again, then I cut 'n past the output in here, I got
this only once.

Sebastian