Re: [pgsql-advocacy] National community sites @ postgresql.org?

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] National community sites @ postgresql.org?
Date: 2008-05-07 13:57:39
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-www

On Wed, May 07, 2008 at 11:20:27AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 7. Mai 2008 schrieb Selena Deckelmann:
> > One way to keep our community vibrant, relevant and authentic is to
> > encourage communities to host their own stuff, on their own domains.
>
> Then again, most communities are too small that they don't have the skills and
> resources to host their own stuff properly.

It would seem that this is the advantage of Selena's "inconsistency":
helping others get started when they don't have the resources or
skills (or size of community, another possible shortcoming) is not the
same thing as building a big centralized system.

Andrew Sullivan
ajs(at)commandprompt(dot)com
+1 503 667 4564 x104
http://www.commandprompt.com/