WANTED: VACUUM SUMMARY

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: WANTED: VACUUM SUMMARY
Date: 2008-04-28 20:47:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hello,

I would like to write a patch that provides the command:

VACUUM SUMMARY

This was discussed briefly here:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-performance/2007-10/msg00165.php

I know there are other plans for 8.4 but I was wondering if those plans
appear to be happening or not? I don't want to waste people's time on
the patch but if we aren't going to change the FSM stuff for 8.4, I as
a DBA would find VACUUM SUMMARY useful.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director | PostgreSQL political pundit