Re: PB with postgresql 7.4

From: Sam Mason <sam(at)samason(dot)me(dot)uk>
To: Nicolas ZABOURI <nicolas(dot)zabouri(at)europecamions(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PB with postgresql 7.4
Date: 2008-04-28 12:59:09
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 02:14:17PM +0200, Nicolas ZABOURI wrote:
> My server is down and all my dump aren't make.
> How can make for re-install the data on a new install of the server ?

If you can get another copy of 7.4 installed that's built for the same
processor as the database was originally running from and then point it
at your old data directory it should be able to use it. I.e. something
like:

postmaster-7.4 -D /path/to/old/data

It is probably worth working with a copy of the data just in case
something strange happens.

If you want to stay with 7.4 then you're done, if you want to upgrade
to a newer release (i.e. 8.2 or 8.3) of PG then you should do a pg_dump
from the newer version's dump program.

> I don't find a forum who can speak about this !

The pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org mailing list is probably the best place
to ask these sorts of questions. They are described here:

http://www.postgresql.org/community/lists/

Sam