Re: Jabber.postgresql.org maintenance

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Jonah H(dot) Harris" <jonah(dot)harris(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL - WWW ML <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Jabber.postgresql.org maintenance
Date: 2008-04-27 16:11:56
Lists: pgsql-www

Jonah H. Harris escribió:
> On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 2:52 AM, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:
> > Sorry for the short notice. PostgreSQL Jabber server is going down for
> > maintenance. Expected downtime is less than 30 minutes.
>
> Wow, I didn't even know we had one!

You can request an account if you're so interested.

I expect it would be useful for GSoC, at least ... _if_ it were opened
so that it would be able to talk to the student's accounts outside the
network. (I don't expect we would give accounts to the students -- they
are supposed to be restricted to contributors only.)

FWIW I think it would be good to offer accounts to contributors on
pgsql-hackers or some such place. Mine has proven invaluable to me.