Re: License question

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: "Mickael Deloison" <mdeloison(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: License question
Date: 2008-04-25 08:23:05
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 9:10 AM, Mickael Deloison
> <mdeloison(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> > From
> > what I understand I have nothing to do since my code would be under
> > the Artistic License and freely available. Correct?
>
> Yes, in that respect you can comply with the Artistic licence in the
> same way as GPL - use the same (Artistic) licence and release the
> source code.
>
> If you are able to separate your code from the pgAdmin code however,
> it may make sense to dual licence the pgScript engine - have it under
> Artistic for bundling in pgAdmin, and BSD for possible future
> integration with psql.

Yeah, I chatted with Dave about this a couple of days ago, and if you
like this, I think that's the best. Or I think you can license the
whole thing as BSD, that will have no conflict at all with pgadmin -
correct me if I'm wrong here, Dave?

(dual-licensing makes me shudder. Though that's generally the
GPL<->proprietary combination, but the concept has a bad ring to it :-P)

//Magnus