Re: [HACKERS] CommitFest Wiki page annoyance

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Brendan Jurd <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>, Bernd Helmle <mailings(at)oopsware(dot)de>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] CommitFest Wiki page annoyance
Date: 2008-04-22 17:41:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008 13:35:41 -0400
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> Tom Lane escribió:
> > "Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> > > I had a look into the history on the CommitFest page. It looks
> > > like Alvaro unintentionally clobbered the previous five edits,
> > > which went back about four hours. I've restored those changes
> > > now, but it is definitely worrying that such a drastic regression
> > > could occur.
> >
> > We saw this type of thing happen more than once on the
> > CommitFest:March page, if memory serves. Apparently there is
> > something very broken about the copy of mediawiki we are using ---
> > would someone look into that?
>
> Hmm, perhaps it is the Postgres port that's broken. It wouldn't be
> really surprising that people mostly use the MySQL port ...

It could be, or it could be that the postgres port on 8.3 is broken :).
I don't know which version we installed for wiki, but in order to get
mediawiki running for postgresqldocs, I had to use HEAD of mediawiki.
However I note that Greg submitted his 8.3 compatibility before the
latest release of mediawiki which is 1.12.0.

In theory, we should be fine in that regard.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake