Re: Colons in wiki page titles, and commit fest page names

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Colons in wiki page titles, and commit fest page names
Date: 2008-04-21 18:03:19
Lists: pgsql-www

Am Montag, 21. April 2008 schrieb Greg Smith:
> Those pages are all items in a larger category, and that's how the
> subpages in a category are displayed. This is standard usage if you're on
> a site with heavy categorization. Look at
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Category:Help for an example of it being
> used properly by an intrinsic page.

I have finally found a presumably authoritative source about this:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Help:Namespaces

The take-home message is, if the page is a content page (in our case, it is
about PostgreSQL), then its name shouldn't contain a colon.

Creating categories for pages, as you describe, could also be useful, but I
think it is independent of the page naming.