PostgreS Database Administrator (DBA)

From: "Michelle Klein" <mklein(at)livedatagroup(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jobs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "'Michelle Klein'" <mklein(at)livedatagroup(dot)com>
Subject: PostgreS Database Administrator (DBA)
Date: 2008-04-01 20:44:09
Lists: pgsql-jobs

PostgreS Database Administrator (DBA)

General Summary:

Our Information Technology (IT) department requires an experienced and
knowledgeable PostgreS Database Administrator (DBA) to manage and maintain
our database. Working alongside additional IT staff, programmers and
executive staff, the DBA will be responsible for the support of an existing
PostgreSQL 8.x production database in high transaction volume environments.

The ideal candidate must also be able to:

§ Troubleshoot database performance issues

§ Identify, optimize and tune bad queries

§ Convert logical design to physical design

§ Support online backups and PITR for production databases

§ Maintain standby databases

§ Migrate and upgrade databases

§ Refresh production databases using SAN snapshots

§ Gatekeeper for all the database changes

§ Run adhoc reports and maintain ongoing schedule reports

§ Write database checks for the alert monitoring system

Requirements:

To perform the essential duties of the PostgreS DBA, an individual must
have:

§ Expert understanding of PostgreSQL, including experience with
different database replication scenarios

§ In depth knowledge of database design, including logical and
physical design, as well as SQL

§ Experience with PostgreS 8.x, Slony

§ Strong Unix/Linux skills

§ Experience with Python, SAN environments and multi-master
clustering (HA) a major plus

§ Strong Unix shell scripting

§ Familiarity with PL/PGSQL procedure language

Education and Qualifications:

Previous work experience that can be demonstrated in the same or related
field is a must.

Compensation:

This is a full-time salaried position that provides compensation commiserate
with experience level and skill set.

Applications:

Please send resume to <mailto:careers(at)livedatagroup(dot)com>
careers(at)livedatagroup(dot)com with details your current employment status or
most recent employment.

Please Note:

If you do not meet these skill levels and/or requirements, please do not
apply for this position.

The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the
responsibilities assigned to this position. These statements are not
intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills
relative to this position.

Because of the volume of resumes we receive, we can only respond to those
applicants whose skills and experience most closely match our requirements.
Please do not call. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Michelle Klein
Executive Administrator

_____

<http://www.foreclosure.com/> foreclosure.com™