Re: 8.3 problems with sspi authentication

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "Matthias Mohr" <Matthias(at)Mohrenclan(dot)de>
Cc: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 8.3 problems with sspi authentication
Date: 2008-03-28 10:44:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Matthias Mohr wrote:
> Hello Magnus,

Hi!

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner on this. I managed to misplace
the mail :-(

> > I am using it, and it works very well for me. I've only been using
> > it on domain attached machines though - but often using it to
> > access the server only locally.
> My problem is, that the _server_ itself did not start after changing
> the authentication to sspi

Ooh. That's interesting. Didn't realize that. Does it crash right away,
or does it only reject it once you try to connect?

> > Do you have any non-microsoft software installed on the machine
> > that could be interefering somehow. Like AV or other "security"
> > products?
> Of course I have a lot of "non-microsoft software" installed on the
> machine :-) But I don't know how this could interfer?
> Avira's Antivir is installed,

I would try to remove that one. Antivirus is a very common cause of
network-related issues.

> there's no firewall software activated,
> cygwin with enabled ssh server is installed,

Is cygwin present in the system PATH? If so, please try removing it
fromthe PATH, rebooting, and see if that helps. Cygwin is also a
well-known troublemaker.

> vmware workstation is installed,
> what else could interfer?

That one should be fine.

> > The error you're getting is something like "function not
> > supported", which shouldn't happen...
> What I miss is a more detailed log file which could tell me what
> exactly goes wrong (and where)...

What version Windows was this again, exactly? It's not a home or
small-business or such edition by any chance?

> > Eh, unless, you do have sspi in your pg_hba.conf, right, not gssapi?
> Yes I have "sspi" in my pg_hba.conf!

Ok, good :-)

//Magnus