Re: Patch queue permenent URLs

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Patch queue permenent URLs
Date: 2008-03-27 16:18:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dave Page wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 3:44 PM, Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 2008-03-27 at 11:18 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> >
> > > The new URLs look like:
> > >
> > > http://momjian.us/mhonarc/message-id/44DA31B1.3090700@enterprisedb.com.html
> > >
> > > The new URLs appear now. The old permanent will also remain active
> > > until the next commit fest.
> >
> > If they are going to be "permanent" then they should reference a
> > PostgreSQL project domain rather than a personal domain and a company
> > one. Without disrespect to either, our emails should not rely on
> > external domains. That way the project is in control, not the other way
> > around.
>
> The company domain is from the message id by the looks of it - it
> should not be changed under any circumstances.

Yep, the only way we can get rid of the company is to use an MD5 hash
(which is what I used at first) instead of the message id, but people
didn't like that.

I have updated the permanent URL to be in the postgresql.org domain:

http://momjian.postgresql.org/mhonarc/message-id/45E9ABDB.908@commandprompt.com.html

Of course, momjian.us works too. (I am redirecting
momjian.postgresql.org to momjian.us because the comments are bound to
the domain name momjian.us.)

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com