New email list for emergency communications

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: New email list for emergency communications
Date: 2008-03-24 15:17:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

[ BCC to core.]

Right now we have no way to communicate as a group if our community
email infrastructure isn't working.

Therefore, I have created an email list on my machine that can be used
for communication in such situations. It is called:

pgsql-emergency(at)momjian(dot)us

I envision this as an email list that will allow more rapid recovery
during email outages. I know many use IRC in such cases but this allows
notification. Also some don't use IRC.

Anyone can post to the email list. There is no moderation, though the
list sits behind my spam filters. The list will not be archived.

If you want to be subscribed, please email me privately. I think it is
particularly important for infrastructure managers to be subscribed to
this list.