Re: Time to get infrastructure team-based

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Time to get infrastructure team-based
Date: 2008-03-22 15:59:12
Lists: pgsql-www

On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 10:21:42 -0400 (EDT)
Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> wrote:

> > Once we have agreement from the appropriate person (who will have to
> > agree, given that he owns the domain), the sysadmins team can start
> > to figure out what's needed and provision the appropriate VM.
>
> Based on past history I don't think we will ever get agreement, so
> either we do it ourselves or we move to a new domain that we do
> control.

I seriously doubt that given past history, the pressure required to
make such a change has ever been applied. If you are serious about
this, it must be a public change, it must be a documented change, and
the community as a whole needs to be involved.

This is either a "community" project or it isn't. People (any people)
that hold up the will of the community must be held accountable. Unless
the people actively suggesting this change are willing to start that
publicly accountable discussion, I suggest we drop this thread now.

> I thought we could make changes to the domain.

The domain is currently controlled by a single individual.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

PostgreSQL SPI Liaison | SPI Director | PostgreSQL political pundit