BUG #4046: Error on connection

From: "kusum" <kusum(at)infobase(dot)in>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4046: Error on connection
Date: 2008-03-19 05:33:45
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4046
Logged by: kusum
Email address: kusum(at)infobase(dot)in
PostgreSQL version: 8.2
Operating system: Windows XP professional
Details:

When we try to connect to postgresql it gives an error Failed to connect to
port 5432. on localhost.It says does the ip 127.0.0.1 accept connections on
port 5432.
So it does not allow us to connect to the database.

And this error occurs every third or fourth day and we have to reintall the
s/w and then again after a few days we get that error and we are not able to
connect to the local server.