Re: PostgreSQL on QNX 4.25

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Egan, Anthony M(dot)" <EganAM(at)westinghouse(dot)com>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL on QNX 4.25
Date: 2008-03-18 15:01:18
Lists: pgsql-ports

Am Dienstag, 18. März 2008 schrieb Egan, Anthony M.:
> I need to evaluate PostgreSQL on QNX 4.25. What release should I use?
> I notice that QNX4 support was added around release 7.2 and removed for
> release 8.2. Has anybody had any experiences with PostgreSQL on QNX4, good
> or bad that they can share. I'm looking for a solid, reliable, featurefull
> database.

Well, your best bet would be to start with 8.1 then and see how far you get.
Note, however, that the QNX support was presumably removed because it was
bit-rotting, so it is likely that you will have to invest quite an effort to
get to something useable. If you want something solid and reliable in
reasonable time, I suggest you consider using a different operating system.