Re: Commit fest?

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commit fest?
Date: 2008-03-16 13:11:23
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Gregory Stark wrote:
> "Bruce Momjian" <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> writes:
>
> >> I'm curious where the comments are being stored, since it's not in the html
> >> source. The javascript must be pulling them from another url?
> >
> > The comments are stored at JS-Kit:
> >
> > http://js-kit.com/comments/
>
> It's stored in their server?

Yes, that was the beauty of it --- I just add javascript with a tag and
all comments are handled by them.

> > Well, I can't have "@" in the URL because it is usually forbidden by
> > browsers for phishing protection, so I was converting @ to '.' anyway.
> > What I have now done is display the real message id and MD5 permanent
> > link at the top of each message, e.g.:
> >
> > http://momjian.us/mhonarc/patches/msg00054.html
>
> Any chance we could put that on the actual listing page somehow. perhaps in a
> tiny font?? I want to be able to copy the thread and get enough information
> for future reference.

You want the message-id on the listing page? Sure, I was doing that
before but I didn't know anyone wanted it and it looked a little
cluttered. Let me know.

> Also, any chance you could use the permanent urls in the thread listing?

Uh, that would be a little tricky because the next/previous wants to go
by message number increment, I think. I could post-process all the HTML
files to do a search/replace.

I think the bigger problem is the threads move around on the thread
pages, and that seems impossible to fix as items are added and removed.