Re: Commit fest?

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commit fest?
Date: 2008-03-16 03:36:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Gregory Stark wrote:
> "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
>
> > Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com> writes:
> >> Actually, is it just me or has the whole patch queue disappeared?
> >> Everything under /mhonarc/patches seems to be gone.
> >
> > /mhonarc? The URL I've always used is
> > http://momjian.us/cgi-bin/pgpatches
>
> Yeah, but note that all the links in that page including the Next Page go to
> /mhonarc. In any case Bruce seems to have regenerated the files.

Good, should be online now with permanent links too.

> I'm curious where the comments are being stored, since it's not in the html
> source. The javascript must be pulling them from another url?

The comments are stored at JS-Kit:

http://js-kit.com/comments/

> Also, I think I would prefer you *not* md5sum the message-id. The message-id
> is globally unique. Given a message-id we have at least a fighting chance of
> finding it in our local mail spool or the Postgres mail archive. (Though the
> Postgres search engine doesn't support that currently).

Well, I can't have "@" in the URL because it is usually forbidden by
browsers for phishing protection, so I was converting @ to '.' anyway.
What I have now done is display the real message id and MD5 permanent
link at the top of each message, e.g.:

http://momjian.us/mhonarc/patches/msg00054.html