Re: TODO-list on wiki (was: TODO update about SQLSTATE to PGconn)

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: TODO-list on wiki (was: TODO update about SQLSTATE to PGconn)
Date: 2008-03-12 15:03:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > If you change the text file, I will see the CVS update and update the
> > HTML --- I will never lose a change because my CVS sees your changes.
>
> That seems like a lot of extra work that should be unnecessary.
>
> I asked before for general reactions, so I will now turn that into a formal proposal:
>
> Let's move the TODO list to the wiki. Bruce still retains "ownership" of it
> and will certainly be doing most of the editing. But people who work on
> individual items can add/remove items and details as needed directly on the
> wiki as necessary.
>
> Those who still need daily updates can easily grab an RSS feed off the
> wiki, or use the watch feature (disclaimer: I haven't used the watch
> feature myself, but I'm told it should work).
>
> Can we get a soundoff on this? Good idea, bad idea?
>

> (if we decide to do it, we'll have to migrate what's there now, of course.
> But I'm sure we can find volounteer(s) to help with that so Bruce doesn't
> have to do all the work.)

We need it to do a few things:

o We need to be able to pull a text and HTML copies for tarballs
o Edits have to be quick and easy
o I have to be able to make new sections, and move existing
items around and between sections
o I need to be able to add URLs for items
o I need subsections and sub-subsections